Sex trafficking is big business. Girls of all ages are enslaved, brainwashed, beaten, raped and humiliated daily. Most people who fight for the freedom and rehabilitation of these sex slaves are ordinary people who work to make a difference and speak for the voiceless. These people follow their hearts to do what they can in small and big ways so that one day people can beat sex slavery and be free.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

501(c)3: Grace-full-y

Another blessing has come to Heart.Beats.Slavery! In order to start raising funds to make this documentary, I needed to establish non-profit status. As I began making plans for this, a friend introduced me to Jamey Ponte.  Jamey is the founder and director of the Child Wellness Fund.  Child Wellness Fund has done some great things. But what Jamey really loves to do is, in his own words,"help others realize and move their dream forward." What this means for Heart.Beats.Slavery is instant non-profit status!


Jamey & me in front of painting by Mike Altman
Photo taken by manager of Corner BLOC Coffee in Cleves

Shortly after the above photo was taken, Jamey and I went to the bank to open the checking account for Heart.Beats.Slavery.  

Let the fund raising begin!

*Thanks Jamey! I am blessed to be in your circle of friends. 

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it! So Hearts.Beat.Slavery. will be under the umbrella of the Child Wellness Fund? That's a great plan instead of starting your own 501c3, which can be a lot of work.
    Best to you and the project!
    Carol Topp, CPA

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome... and love the grace artwork Mike provided. could not have been more perfect. I need to get that darn piece of art from mike ... I have been in front of it more than twice doing CWf work. must be telling me to take me home...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really awesome...where are you based out of?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments everyone!
    Carol, yes- this is the same umbrella Jennifer established Beaded Hope under and she introduced me to Jamey.
    Jamey, I agree it perfect in lots of ways! And thanks for introducing me to Mike- great guy!
    Ann-Marie, Thanks for your encouragement! We live in the Cincinnati area- lots cooking here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BBO aka Beats by Octavia offers the best hip hop, r&b, rap and pop beats for sale online. Buy exclusive beats for sale now and save on your production…
    buy beats
    beats online

    ReplyDelete