Sex trafficking is big business. Girls of all ages are enslaved, brainwashed, beaten, raped and humiliated daily. Most people who fight for the freedom and rehabilitation of these sex slaves are ordinary people who work to make a difference and speak for the voiceless. These people follow their hearts to do what they can in small and big ways so that one day people can beat sex slavery and be free.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tenacious ME

About a year ago (October 2010), I left a comment on Todd Henry's blog that said, "I have a good idea as a result of watching this video. Thanks Todd!" And Todd replied, "Fan..tastic! Good to hear!" And thus began my journey with Heart.Beats.Slavery! Two weeks later (November 6, 2010) we did our first day of filming at the Unbound Event at The Freedom Center.


Fueled by the mustard seeds of this vision, a mustard seed of faith, and a flood of passion to water the seeds - I started to move forward.  That simple. I just started moving forward.  There have been obstacles and distractions. There have been days, weeks, and months when it seemed like NOTHING was happening with this project. But I can already see those times were necessary for the vision to incubate and sprout in new directions. It has grown bigger than the original mustard seed...for sure!  


The important thing is that I have not given up or walked away. There is something to be said for tenacity. Today I will be working on a budget for the film. This week I am establishing a Board of Directors. This month Heart.Beats.Slavery will become an official non-profit organization. By year's end, I will raise funds to deposit into the Heart.Beats.Slavery checking account to fuel the making of the film.  In 2012, I will travel, gather more resources, do more networking, and film more footage. Tenacity. 


I have heard two messages/slogans recently that resonate with me and this vision. They are: Start from HERE and Keep pressing PLAY. This documentary, about how ordinary people can and do make a difference toward ending sex slavery, will get made...driven by tenacious me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment